TIA Portal Service 2 (TIA-SERV2)
All Siemens training programmes are subsidised by Industry 4 Skillnet funds and provided with a discount. To avail of this offer contact us below.
- Tools for program creation (e.g. structograms)
- Analogue value processing
- Functions, function blocks, and multi-instances using the IEC-compliant timer/counter as an example (International Electrotechnical Commission)
- Jump commands
- Indirect addressing
- Classical software error handling and evaluation with error organisation blocks (OBs)
- Evaluation of diagnostic data
- Troubleshooting and alarms with a HMI device (Touchpanel)
- Introduction into Axis Control by means of a Technology Object, Structured Control Language (SCL), S7-GRAPH and statement lists (STL)
- Deeper understanding of contents through practical exercises on TIA system model
Find out how a free membership to the Industry 4.0 Skillnet network can save you up to 30% on this programme.
Who Should Attend
- This course is not a Programming Course (although programming elements exist within), for Programming, please consider the ‘TIA Portal Programming 1 Course’.
- This course is also suitable for those using S7-1200 based systems. This training course is not appropriate for trainees using S7-200, S7-300 or S7-400 based systems. For more information concerning details of S7-300, and S7-400 please see the section called Simatic S7 PLC.
- SIMATIC S7 knowledge equivalent to the Siemens TIA-SERV1.
- You can use the online tests below to find out whether you have sufficient prior knowledge to participate effectively in the course you wish to attend. If you answer more than 70 % of the questions correctly you are well prepared to take part in the course.
- On completion of this course the participant will be able to do the following:
- Understand the interaction of TIA components, link them together to form a project.
- Interpret, adapt, change and expand given STEP 7 programs, including with step sequences and analog value processing.
- Systematically diagnose and correct hardware and software errors, in the SIMATIC S7 automation system, with the diagnostic tools of the TIA Portal engineering portal.
- Use the test functions in Structured Control Language (SCL).
- Perform specific commissioning of TIA components.
- Adapt your WinCC configuration to new requirements through small modifications or extensions.
- Construct a working system by the developing, troubleshooting and integrating of both hardware and software components.
- Please ensure you set-up an appropriate working area.
- Provision of laptop/desktop PC. An external monitor is recommended.
- Provision of audio & visual equipment (microphone/speakers/headset. Camera would be an advantage but not a necessity).
- Ensure local Wi-Fi access.
- Registration for MyTraining account for access to course materials will be arranged by Industry4.0 Skillnet.
- MS Teams can be accessed through a browser session from the MS Teams course invite, please use the email you have used to register for the course. The MS Teams desktop app can be installed, please use your course registered email address to access the meeting invite.
- Install Chrome Remote Desktop using SitrainUK@gmail.com address and the password supplied to you for this course.